Primary Schools Sport Funding
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
Purpose of the funding
Schools have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Uses of the funding may include:
• Hiring specialist qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
• New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
• Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
• Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
• Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
• Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
• Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits
The overarching aims for the grant allocation at Collingwood come under 4 key headings.
CPD - Up skilling staff in identified areas of teaching and learning around PE.
Providing pupils with opportunities to be involved in all aspects of physical education and competition
Create lasting experiences that will inspire and motivate pupils to commit to life long involvement in physical education
Create a sustainable ethos / skill base amongst staff together with a suitable resource base to continue the delivery of high quality physical education post grant funding.
Please click the link below to download a copy of our Sports Funding document
|Sports Premium 2015-16||[doc 50KB]|
|HCAT Sports Premium 2016-17||[docx 63KB]|
|Impact of Sports Premium 2015-16||[doc 39KB]|