Most Recent Letter From School
Important Attendance Information
It is clear every year that children who attend school every day make ‘expert learners’ and achieve their best. Please read the following to ensure that your child gets the best from their education.
- Breakfast Club is on Monday to Friday for children in years 1 to 6.
- Doors open at 8am and no admittance after 8.30am.
- Children attending Breakfast Club must remain on school premises until going in to class.
- The school day starts at 8.50am promptly.
- Classroom doors will be closed at this time. Registers are closed and sent to the office.
- Arrivals after 8.50am must go to the office to get their late mark.
End of school
- All children must be collected at 3pm.
- Children attending clubs must be collected at 4.15pm.
- Children collected late will be placed in the Collingwood Late Club and there will be an £8 charge for each child.
If your child is too ill to attend school, you must
- Ring the office before 8.50am to report your child’s absence.
- Give your child’s name, class, and the reason for absence.
- If calls are not received, home visits will be made by the Attendance Officers.
- Medical appointments are to be made outside of school hours where possible and reported in advance to the office. Evidence of appointments may be required.
All absences and late marks are logged daily. Persistent absentees are reported to the Local Authority.
Whilst in school your child is in the fortunate position of having 175 days off each year. It is essential that any family holidays are taken strictly during school holiday times and do not affect term time. Any days taken for holidays will not be authorised by the school and will remain on your child’s record. Details are passed to the Local Authority and you are at serious risk of prosecution.
We appreciate your continued commitment and support towards the importance of your child’s attendance and education.