We are currently reading 'There is a boy in the girls' bathroom' by Louis Sachar. The book brings up lots of issues surrounding friendship and what it means to be a good friend. This is something we are holding discussions and debates about in class.
In maths we have been working on developing our problem solving and reasoning skills along with our understanding of algebra. We have been looking at developing our problem solving strategies thinking carefully about using the facts we already know, thinking about a sensible starting point and working logically to find all the possible solutions.
We have been working on;
- Using simple formulae
- generate and describe linear number sequences
- express missing number problems algebraically
- find pairs of numbers that satisfy an equation with two unknowns
In science we have been learning about light and we have even had a go at dissecting an eyeball.
We needed to be able to:
- Recognise that light travels in straight lines.
- Use the idea that lights travels in straight lines to explain that objects are seen because they give out or reflect light into the eye.