We are currently reading 'Gangsta Granny' by David Walliams. The book brings up issues surrounding caring for the elderly and ensuring we don't judge a book by its cover. We have written our own character descriptions and we are now working on using these to write our own stories. Within the stories we are aiming to use a range of sentence structures, adverbial phrases and figurative language choices.
In maths we have been working on developing our understanding of fractions, decimals and percentages.
We have been working on;
- Equivalent fractions
- Simplifying fractions
- Adding,and subtracting fractions with the same denominators
- Adding and subtracting fractions with different denominators
- Multiplying and divding fractions
- Equivalent fractions, decimals and percentages
- Ordering decimals
In science we have been learning about classifying living things .
We needed to be able to:
- Describe how living things are classified into broad groups
- give reasons for classifying living things based on common observable characteristics