Welcome to Royal Sovereign!
We hope you've had a lovely summer break and are ready for the new and exciting start of term!
Our teachers are Mrs Kitchener and Miss Ireland, also supporting us is Miss Rowe.
Mrs Kitchener will be working with the class Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Thursdays and Fridays are with Miss Ireland. If you have any queries with anything, then please come and see us. We are always here for you and your child.
PE Days: We will need to bring our PE kit in for a Monday, Tuesday and Friday. If you would like to leave your childs kit in school until half term, that is fine. Please ensure that they have suitable footwear and are not wearing earrings on these days. Thank you.
We are looking at the author 'Dr Seuss' this term and will be exploring his books in class. Your child might bring home a book to read with you. Please support us with this and ensure the books are returned for the other children to borrow.
Basic skills in Literacy & Numeracy
- To learn all my spellings.
- To learn how to use prefixes and suffixes.
- To write stories with detail.
- To use adjectives, adverbs and nouns in sentences correctly.
- To read with fluency and expression.
- To join my handwriting.
- To write sentences that have punctuation such as question marks, exclamation marks and commas.
- To use apostrophes in words.
- The times tables that we need to know are our 2's, 5's and 10's.
- Knowing the addition and subtraction facts for numbers up to 20.
- Recognising odd and even numbers.
- Doubling and halving numbers up to 20.
- Learning how to tell the time
- Solving fractions with numbers and objects 1/4 1/2 3/4 and 2/4
- Solving multiplication and division sums.
The children will have a spelling test every Friday with Miss Ireland. Please ensure the children learn these at home and are ready for Friday. There will be more of a focus on practical challenges this term for homework. We would like to give you and your child the opportunity to explore what we learn in class in your home, but in more of a hands on/fun approach to learning.
Watch this space!