Welcome to Royal Sovereign!
Welcome to the class, Miss Mouatt! Miss Mouatt has returned from maternity and we now welcome her to the class :)
The children have been working very hard this term and we are very proud of their determination, perserverence and work ethic in class. The children will be sitting their SATS tests in May, as this is fast approaching if you would like any help with preparing your child for these tests then please come and see us. There are also some example tests for you to look at on the 'SATS help' tab. They are downloadable for you to have.
Thank you for your help and support, as always.
We will need to bring our PE kit in for a Monday and Tuesday. If you would like to leave your childs kit in school until half term, that is fine. Please ensure that they have suitable footwear and are not wearing earrings on these days. Thank you.
We are looking at the author 'Dr Seuss' this term and will be exploring his books in class. Your child might bring home a book to read with you. Please support us with this and ensure the books are returned for the other children to borrow.
Basic skills in Literacy & Numeracy
- To learn all my spellings.
- To learn how to use prefixes and suffixes.
- To write stories with detail.
- To use adjectives, adverbs and nouns in sentences correctly.
- To read with fluency and expression.
- To join my handwriting.
- To write sentences that have punctuation such as question marks, exclamation marks and commas.
- To use apostrophes in words.
- The times tables that we need to know are our 2's, 5's and 10's.
- Knowing the addition and subtraction facts for numbers up to 20.
- Recognising odd and even numbers.
- Doubling and halving numbers up to 20.
- Learning how to tell the time
- Solving fractions with numbers and objects 1/4 1/2 3/4 and 2/4
- Solving multiplication and division sums.
The children will have a spelling test every Friday with Miss Ireland. Please ensure the children learn these at home and are ready for Friday. There will be more of a focus on practical challenges this term for homework. We would like to give you and your child the opportunity to explore what we learn in class in your home, but in more of a hands on/fun approach to learning.