Welcome to Royal Sovereign!
Our teachers are Mrs Kitchener and Mrs Harris, also supporting us is Miss Smith.
Mrs Kitchener will be working with the class Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Thursdays and Fridays are with Mrs Harris. If you have any queries with anything, then please come and see us. We are always here for you and your child.
We will be learning about plants this term in Science. If you have any seeds, bulbs or pots you would like to offer to the class then this would be really appreciated! Thank you. We will invite parents in to plant a seed with their child in June so watch this space!
We will be consolidating all of our learning these past two terms. The children have all worked extremely hard this year and have done a really good job on their SATS tests. Everyone should be very proud of themselves, as we are very proud of them!
Well done to everyone in Year 2 for their excellent efforts in all their SATS tests this past month!
We are reading lots of different books from different authors this term. If you would like to share any authors your child enjoys at home, then please bring the books in for us to share and enjoy!
Basic skills in Literacy & Numeracy
- To learn all my spellings.
- To learn how to use prefixes and suffixes.
- To write stories with detail.
- To use adjectives, adverbs and nouns in sentences correctly.
- To read with fluency and expression.
- To join my handwriting.
- To write sentences that have punctuation such as question marks, exclamation marks and commas.
- To use apostrophes in words
- The times tables that we need to know are our 2's, 5's and 10's.
- Knowing the addition and subtraction facts for numbers up to 20.
- Recognising odd and even numbers.
- Doubling and halving numbers up to 20.
- Learning how to tell the time
- Solving fractions with numbers and objects 1/4 1/2 3/4 and 2/4
- Solving multiplication and division sums.
We need our PE kit on a Thursday and a Monday!