Welcome to Orion
Our teachers are called Miss Horne and Miss Smith.
In year 2....
Our author this term is Julia Donaldson and we are looking forward to reading some of his work together!
In year 2 the basic skills in Literacy are:
- To learn all my spellings.
- To learn how to use prefixes and suffixes.
- To write stories with detail.
- To use adjectives, adverbs and nouns in sentences correctly.
- To read with fluency and expression.
- To join my handwriting.
- To write sentences that have punctuation such as question marks, exclamation marks and commands.
- To use apostrophes in words.
Some basic skills in maths really help us in our work.
- The times tables that we need to know are our 2's, 5's and 10's.
- Knowing the addition and subtraction facts for numbers up to 20.
- Recognising odd and even numbers.
- Doubling and halving numbers to 50.
- Recognise the place value of each digit in all 2-digit numbers (tens, ones).
- Read and write numbers to at least 100 in numerals and in words
- Compare and order numbers from 0 up to 100; using how many…?,count, count (up) to, count on (from, to), count back (from, to), count in ones, twos… tens…, more, less, many, few, odd, even, every other. Etc
- Count in steps of 2, 3, 5 and 10, count in tens from any number, and give 10 more or less than a given number to 100.
- Arrange, read and write numbers in increasing and decreasing order up to 100.
We need our PE kit on a Tuesday.
Homework will be given out on a Friday and should be returned on a Monday.