Welcome to Orion
Our teachers are called Miss Morgan and Miss Perrins
Our author this term is Roald Dahl
Basic skills in literacy:
- To learn all my spellings.
- To learn how to use prefixes and suffixes.
- To write stories with detail.
- To use adjectives, adverbs and nouns in sentences correctly.
- To read with fluency and expression.
- To join my handwriting.
- To write sentences that have punctuation such as question marks, exclamation marks and commands.
- To use apostrophes in words.
Some basic skills in maths really help us in our work.
- The times tables that we need to know are our 2's, 5's and 10's.
- Knowing the addition and subtraction facts for numbers up to 20.
- Recognising odd and even numbers.
- Doubling and halving numbers to 50.
- Recognise the place value of each digit in all 2-digit numbers (tens, ones).
- Read and write numbers to at least 100 in numerals and in words
- Compare and order numbers from 0 up to 100; using how many…?,count, count (up) to, count on (from, to), count back (from, to), count in ones, twos… tens…, more, less, many, few, odd, even, every other. Etc
- Count in steps of 2, 3, 5 and 10, count in tens from any number, and give 10 more or less than a given number to 100.
- Arrange, read and write numbers in increasing and decreasing order up to 100.
We need our PE kit on a Tuesday.
Homework will be given out on a Friday and should be returned on a Monday.