Welcome to Neptune!
Our teachers are Miss Horne and Miss Atkinson.
Our teaching assistant is Miss Smith.
We have chosen to learn about fairy tales and traditional tales this term.
This term we decided we would like to learn about princesses and magical creatures, so we tied these ideas together under the topic 'fairy tales and traditional tales' in which these all appear in. We will be spending lots of time reading new stories and tales throughout this term to widen our story knowledge. Over the term, we will be creating our very own fairy tale and will be using different instruments and technology, to bring our stories to life. How magical!
Linking to our topic, we are going to be studying about the history of the Queen, as well as the countries which she reigns over, bringing in our geographical skills.
If you would like to help us with our learning, here are some mathematical basic skills we need to be working hard at;
- Recognising, reading and writing numbers up to 100.
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s to help us with our timetables further up in the school.
- Counting forwards and backwards to 100 in 1s.
- Recalling doubles and halves up to 20.
- We have PE on Tuesdays and Thursdays so please ensure you have clearly labelled PE kit on both of these days.
- Please send your child to school with a water bottle on a Monday and they will be returned home on a Friday to be cleaned.
- Reading books should be at school everyday. You should also be reading with your child every night and this doesn't just have to be your reading book. Newspapers, magazines, leaflets, recipes, game instructions are just a few examples of different types of reading you can do at home!