Welcome to Neptune!
Our teachers are Miss Horne and Miss Lamb.
We have chosen to learn about pirates and mermaids this term.
Through our theme of pirates and mermaids, we will be covering areas of our geography curriculum such as; constructing a basic map , using simple compass directions and naming the worlds' five oceans.
We will also be reading stories about mermaids and pirates, as well as writing our very own narrative. How exciting!
If you would like to help us with our learning, here are some mathematical basic skills we need to be working hard at;
- Recognising, reading and writing numbers up to 100.
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s to help us with our timetables further up in the school.
- Counting forwards and backwards to 100 in 1s.
- Recalling doubles and halves up to 20.
- We have PE on Tuesdays and Thursdays so please ensure you have clearly labelled PE kit on both of these days.
- Please send your child to school with a water bottle on a Monday and they will be returned home on a Friday to be cleaned.
- Reading books should be at school everyday. You should also be reading with your child every night and this doesn't just have to be your reading book. Newspapers, magazines, leaflets, recipes, game instructions are just a few examples of different types of reading you can do at home!