WE ARE MARS!
Our teacher is called Mrs Sargieson.
Miss Sole will aslo be teaching us this term as part of the Hull SCITT.
Miss Simpson will be supporting us in the classroom too!
- We have PE on Mondays so please ensure you have clearly labelled PE kit every Monday.
- Please send your child to school with a water bottle EVERYDAY
- Reading: All children have have access to a wide selection of appropriately aimed books on the BUG CLUB reading website. These books have been specially selected by teachers to meet the reading needs of each individual child. These BUG CLUB books work alongside our phonics program and are fully de-codable by phonics phase, meaning that children can apply their phonic knowledge and 'show off' their reading skills to you at home.If you are unable to access the internet, please see your class teacher and we can arrange alternative reading books.
Please access BUG CLUB online books following this link and using the login details we have provided!
- We recomend that families read with children every night. Our aim is school is to develop a 'LIFE LONG' love of reading. Reading should not be limited to school reading books. Newspapers, magazines, leaflets, recipes, game instructions, story books, and library books are just a few examples of different types of reading you can do at home!
If you would like to help us with our learning, here are some basic skills we need to be working hard at;
- Recognising, reading and writing numbers up to 100.
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s to help us with our timetables further up in the school.
- Counting forwards and backwards to 100 in 1s.
- Learning all our phonics sounds.
- Reading the phonics phase related words/sentences together- these are sent home each day!
- Practising to sound out and then blend sounds together to read words.
- Learn our common exception words, also known as tricky words.