WE ARE MARS!
Our teacher is called Miss Rainey and we also have Miss Williams and Miss Moffatt supporting us with our learning and development.
The phonics check will take place the week commencing Monday 11th June. Please make sure you are practising phonics as much as possible with your children at home. If you need any help with ways in which you can help your children, don't hessitate to ask!
If you would like to help us with our learning, here are some mathematical basic skills we need to be working hard at;
- Recognising, reading and writing numbers up to 100.
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s to help us with our timetables further up in the school.
- Counting forwards and backwards to 100 in 1s.
- Recalling doubles and halves up to 20.
- We have PE on Tuesdays and Thursdays so please ensure you have clearly labelled PE kit on both of these days.
- Please send your child to school with a water bottle on a Monday and they will be returned home on a Friday to be cleaned.
- Reading books should be at school everyday. You should also be reading with your child every night and this doesn't just have to be your reading book. Newspapers, magazines, leaflets, recipes, game instructions are just a few examples of different types of reading you can do at home!