WE ARE MARS!
Our teacher is called Miss Rainey and we also have Mrs Bishop supporting us in a morning, and Mrs Williams supporting us in an afternoon!
This term, our topic is all about where we live, HULL!
We will be focusing our learning on our school and local area, as well as significant events and people from Hull. We are currently learning about the famous female pilot, Amy Johnson, and we will soon be turning our learning to Hull Fair when that arrives!
- We have PE on Mondays so please ensure you have clearly labelled PE kit every Monday.
- Please send your child to school with a water bottle on a Monday and they will be returned home on a Friday to be cleaned.
- Reading books should be at school everyday. You should also be reading with your child every night and this doesn't just have to be your reading book. Newspapers, magazines, leaflets, recipes, game instructions are just a few examples of different types of reading you can do at home!
If you would like to help us with our learning, here are some basic skills we need to be working hard at;
- Recognising, reading and writing numbers up to 100.
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s to help us with our timetables further up in the school.
- Counting forwards and backwards to 100 in 1s.
- Learning all our phonics sounds.
- Practising to sound out and then blend sounds together to read words.
- Learn our common exception words, also known as tricky words.